- July 27, 2021
-- Baked Quesadillas
- 3 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 pound turkey taco meat (recipe below)
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup your favorite jarred salsa
- 1 cup quick Pico (recipe below)
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- for topping: shredded lettuce sour cream/Greek yogurt, pickled onions, cilantro, cotija cheese
TURKEY TACO MEAT
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- ½ sweet onion diced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ½ lime juiced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- As a note, keep in mind that the prep time will depend on what you like in your quesadilla. It could take less than 15 minutes to throw together or longer if you have to make turkey or chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Brush a baking sheet with a drop of olive oil.
- To make the turkey, heat a skillet over medium heat and add in the ground turkey, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Season it with the cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well, continuing to break apart the meat into small crumbles. Cook until the turkey has browned. You can do this ahead of time. It also freezes great.
- To make the quick Pico, toss the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and lime juice together in a bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper
- To make the quesadillas, place a tortilla on the baking sheet and fill one size with a sprinkling of cheese, the turkey, black beans, salsa, Pico, and another sprinkling of cheese. Fold over the tortilla and brush the top side with olive oil. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Bake for 8 minutes. Gently flip and bake for 8 minutes more.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
** For younger kids use left over taco meat or taco meat to eliminate cooking on the stove top. Or just make your baked quesadillas with cheese only. Just cut down the bake time to 6 minutes per side for meatless quesadillas.
Brought to you by: https://www.howsweeteats.com/2020/04/baked-quesadillas/
Save BIG NOW thru 8/31/21 on ALL Commercial Holiday Decor. From Larger than life Animated Christmas Trees Synced to music, to Adorable Animated Lighted Displays, even Custom Designs. Click here (https://www.templedisplay.com/https-www-templedisplay-com...
) to learn more. Temple Display's NEW Catalog is hot off the presses and ready to ship August 1st
, 2021. Order NOW for FREE: https://www.templedisplay.com/
Give your community the BEST Holiday Season EVER! 1-800-722-2501 templedisplay.com (https://www.templedisplay.com/