Wellness Workdays Announces Trends to Watch in Wellness Topics for 2021
By: PR First
Based on an analysis of wellness program content across a diverse subset of Wellness Workdays partners, here are some of the key trends to watch in wellness in 2021:
1. Mental & emotional wellness took the spotlight in 2020, making up 43% of wellness content overall. This is almost double what it was in 2019 (22%). It seems most employers have now recognized the importance of providing support in this area, cementing mental & emotional health as a central focus of employee wellness.
2. On-site biometric screening events were depressed in 2020 due to pandemic-related restrictions to on-site events. These are expected to bounce back in late 2021 & into 2022.
3. Nutrition & healthy eating remains a foundation of wellness even under the stresses of the pandemic, comprising about a third of wellness content in both 2019 & 2020.
4. Holistic wellness programs (addressing multiple wellness topics simultaneously)
5. Emerging topics that are on the rise include living green, financial wellness, targeted high-risk programs, & healthy hydration.
"The 2020 year was unique in all aspects, wellness included, which makes the results of our annual retrospective analysis even more compelling,"
About Wellness Workdays
Wellness Workdays is a Massachusetts company with offices in New York, Florida and Texas that designs and delivers corporate wellness programs to promote employee health, productivity and a culture of well-being. Our subsidiary, OMC Wellness, based in Portland, Maine, provides population health management solutions utilizing onsite health coaching and proprietary technology to sustain measurable outcomes. A Certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise, we have earned industry recognition and best practices awards for our clients, which include New Balance, Columbia Construction, EMD Millipore, Putnam Investments, Cape Cod Healthcare, Brown University, the Maine Department of Transportation, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Rockland Trust, Titan America, Norway Savings Bank and Harvard Business School. Visit us at www.wellnessworkdays.com (https://c212.net/