News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Las Vegas Urban League Launches New Website
By: Las Vegas Urban League
"Our executive board has been tirelessly updating, adding, and analyzing what services and programs would best help the underserved populations in Southern Nevada," Board Chairman Tony Bourne said. "We wanted our new website to be a one-stop resource where people could not only obtain information but be connected with a real person professionally trained to answer their questions or provide the resources they needed. Everyone at the Las Vegas Urban League is so excited to have this new website in our toolbox to help our underserved communities."
Programs and services available to help families and individuals in need include:
- Women Infants and Children (WIC) offering nutritional education instructions on maintaining proper diets and ways to lead healthier lifestyles.
- Early Childhood Connection (ECC) provides partial monetary assistance to families in need of childcare who otherwise couldn't afford to pay for someone to take care of their children.
- Las Vegas Entrepreneurship Center provides technical assistance; strategic planning, mentorship, and links to resources to help small businesses and entrepreneurs reach their financial goals.
- COVID 19 Updates are provided through our Nutrition Education Centers that have daily contact with the Nevada State Health Division, Nevada Department of Health and the national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- FREE Notary Public Services for all customers.
The new website can be viewed at www.lvul.org
Las Vegas Urban League programs are 501c (3) programs funded by the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services Division of Public Health. The Entrepreneurship Center is funded by The National Urban League.
The Las Vegas Urban League Administrative Office is located at 2480 N. Decatur Blvd., Suite 150, Las Vegas, NV 89108. Phone (702) 473-9400.
Las Vegas Urban League ECC is located at 2470 N. Decatur Blvd., Suite 150, Las Vegas, NV 89108. Phone (702) 473-9400. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The ECC website is www.childcarelv.org.
Las Vegas Urban League WIC has two locations: 6480 W. Flamingo Road, Suite B, Las Vegas, phone (702) 227-1573 and 3320 E. Flamingo Road, Suite 50, Las Vegas, phone (702) 476-9561. The WIC website is www.wiclv.org.