DRC Mining Week Online to welcome Mining Minister Kalambayi and UK Trade Envoy Lord Popat
By: DRC Mining Week
The event organisers have also received confirmation from the Office of the Presidency of the DRC that Mr André Wameso, Deputy Chief of Staff in the Office of the Presidency in charge of economic and financial matters, will join the opening session, along with the UK Prime Minister's Trade Envoy, Lord Popat, for an in-depth discussion of the country's investment rating. The other experts on this panel are:
- Louis Watum, President, Chamber of Mines, DRC
- Jean Christophe Carret, Country Director, World Bank, DRC
- Marie-Gabrielle Kalenga Opese, Deputy Chief Executive, Standard Bank in the DRC
The opening session is presented in English and French and moderated by Olivier Delafoy, Managing Director of the Magazine Mining & Business alongside Laura Cornish, Editor-in-Chief of Mining Review Africa.
Preparing to return to Lubumbashi
The two-day digital gathering of local and international mining houses, industry investors and suppliers, is supported by leading names in the sector, including Standard Bank, Cigna Hollard & Société Financière d'Assurance (SFA), The Impact Facility, Mayfair Insurance, and Vulkan.
In October this year, the next live, in-person conference and expo, now in its 17th year, is expected to take place again in Lubumbashi, DRC.
Future-proofing mines with technology
The second and third sessions on the opening day of DRC Mining Week Online are both in French only.
Session 2: Technologies and solutions making a difference in DRC - Future-proof your mine operations with innovative solutions
- Amadou Ndiaye, Industry Value Advisor for Energy & Natural Resources, SAP, Morocco
- Bakomeka Kelina, Manager - Business & Technology Services, MMG
- Chantal Kalala, Manager Advisory, Deloitte, DRC
Session 3: The law of subcontracting:
- Nathalie Tshituka, Marketing Executive, Mining Chemicals Supplier, DRC
- Yvonne Kusuamina, CEO, Pay Network, DRC
- Ahmed Kalej Kant, Managing Director, Subcontracting Regulatory Authority, DRC
Transparency, insurance and beneficiation
Day 2 of DRC Mining Week Online kicks off with a bilingual discussion on best practices to ensure transparency in DRC's mining sector.
Session 4: Fitting into a new world: Transparency takes centre stage
- Indigo Ellis, Associate Director on Central African Mining and ESG, Africa Matters, UK
- James Nicholson, Head of Corporate Responsibility, Trafigura, Switzerland
- Dorothée Baumann-Pauly, Director of the Geneva Centre for Business and Human Rights, Switzerland
To register on the DRC Mining Week digital platform, click here: https://www.drcminingweek.com/
DRC Mining Week