- May 31, 2021
-- After the Apple machines with ARM-based silicon chips became publicly available, Devart made the necessary changes in their code for compatibility with Apple M1 Macs, and tested the ODBC drivers for compatibility with Apple Silicon Macs. As a result, users can now connect to more than a dozen databases using Devart ODBC Drivers on their Macs with the new chips. Released versions of the drivers are fully compatible with the iODBC driver manager and support both Intel's x64-x86 and Apple's ARM64 architectures.
Other improvements include:
- Compatibility with macOS Big Sur also has been improved.
- Over-the-Wire (OTW) encryption was added in ODBC Driver for Interbase. InterBase OTW encryption uses SSL v3 and TLS v1 security protocols and supports AES and DES encryptions.
- The latest Oracle version, the 21c, was supported in the respective Driver.
- Compatibility with SQL Server Management Studio was improved in several drivers.
- A new value, Default, was added in the Locking Mode property for the SQLite driver: if the database was previously opened in the WAL mode, Default will open the database in the WAL mode; otherwise, the database will be opened in the Delete mode.
To learn more about the recent release, visithttps://blog.devart.com/odbc-drivers-with-support-for-apple-m1.htmlAbout Devart
Devart is one of the leading developers of database tools and administration software, ALM solutions, data providers for various database servers, data integration and backup solutions. The company also implements Web and Mobile development projects.
For additional information about Devart, visit https://www.devart.com/