Energy minister Mantashe and Eskom chairman Makgoba confirmed for Enlit Africa on 8 June
By: Enlit Africa
Enlit Africa will kickstart its return on Tuesday, 8 June at 10h00 with a visionary discussion on the "5Ds of the energy transition", namely: decarbonisation, decentralisation, democratisation, digitalisation and deregulation.
The opening session will feature local and global experts unpacking how the evolution of the power and energy sector globally will also affect local supply and opportunities, focusing on technology, policy and funding.
More exciting speakers and moderators on the programme include:
- Mary Warlick, Deputy Executive Director, International Energy Agency, France
- Sabine Dall'Omo, CEO, Siemens, South Africa
- Ashish Khanna, Practice Manager: West and Central Africa, World Bank, USA
- Dr Albert Butare, a former Minister of State for Infrastructure in the Republic of Rwanda and currently the CEO of Africa Energy Services Group Ltd
- Gillian-Alexandre Huart, CEO, ENGIE Energy Access, Belgium
- Hendrik Malan, CEO - Africa, Frost & Sullivan, South Africa
- Dr Jarrad Wright, Principal Researcher, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), South Africa
- Mandy Rambharos, GM: Just Energy Transition Office, Eskom, South Africa
- Ashish Kumar, Head of Innovation, Shell Foundation, United Kingdom
- Tobi Busari, Team Lead: Embedded Generation and Renewable Energy, Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company, Nigeria
- Roland Ngam, Programme Manager, Climate Justice & Socio-Ecological Transformation, Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung, South Africa
- Kadri Nassiep, Executive Director (Energy), City of Cape Town
The view the full programme and to register to attend, go onto the event website. All content will also be available on demand following the live broadcasts.
Eskom, the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy and the City of Cape Town have been official hosting partners of the event for many years and 2021 is no different.
Global and local top technology and services suppliers to the industry, including Siemens, Landis + Gyr, Brady Corp, Oracle, IFS, G3-PLC, GE, Toshiba, Power Africa and Conlog are returning as sponsors at Enlit Africa. Other industry supporters are Prime Alliance, WESGRO, City of Cape Town, Ntiyiso Consulting and many more.
ESI Africa, the continent's leading news provider for power and energy news, is the official host publication while the Enel Foundation is back as the knowledge partner.
Enlit Africa dates and venues:
Digital Event: 8 - 10 June 2021
Next live, in-person conference and exhibition: 7 – 9 June 2022
Venue: CTICC, Cape Town, South Africa