- May 23, 2021
-- CapitaLand has unveiled the six finalists from the hotly contested CapitaLand Sustainability X Challenge (CSXC) that will vie for the two top awards at the inaugural Grand Finale on 11 June 2021.The finalists will get a chance to pilot their greentech innovations at selected CapitaLand properties worldwide.
The six innovations, comprising a mix of greentech startups and companies from Singapore, China, and the United States of America, stood out from over 270 entries received from more than 25 countries. Four of the companies will be showcasing their innovations for the first time in Singapore.
The six innovations[
- A portable, self-powered energy generator cum chiller which can generate clean energy and cool air affordably for buildings using ambient heat or waste heat.
- A water treatment process utilising photon vibration frequency technology to treat cooling tower water without the use of chemicals or power, achieving 60% to over 90% water savings and 1% to over 5% energy savings.
- An insulating glass retrofit technology that reduces heat gain inside a building, reducing the energy consumption used to heat or cool the building by up to 40%.
- The use of innovative construction materials for curtain wall with around 10 times less embodied carbon, and enhanced heat and wind resistance.
- A smart waste bin which uses artificial intelligence, robotics and multiple sensors to sort waste with around 90% accuracy to facilitate better recycling efforts.
- An indoor air disinfection solution that reduces virus survivability by over 99% within seconds.
For full press release: http://bit.ly/CSXCGFEm