The Stardom plan at Carolina Gardens.
- May 3, 2021
-- Del Webb
, the nation's leading builder of active adult communities for those 55 and older, has introduced 13 new home designs
in Carolina Gardens, Southwest Wake County's premier active adult neighborhood located at 9036 Purfoy Road in Fuquay-Varina. These innovative new designs, aptly named GenYouTM
, are the result of extensive research and consumer feedback focused on how today's 55+ buyers live and what features they want in their homes.
"Del Webb is known for its focus on active adult-inspired homes and communities,"
said David Carrier, president of PulteGroup's Raleigh division. "The basis for the innovative and functional design of the new GenYouTM
plans was consumer feedback and data analysis from a variety of sources. The end result was 13 distinctive floor plans, ranging in size from 1,400+ to 3,000+ square feet, with an emphasis on livability and flexibility via desirable features that enhance convenience and comfort. No two plans live the same… They are a solution to how today's active adults want to experience their homes. Based on the response we're getting at Carolina Gardens, the plans are being very well received."
Key features of the GenYouTM
- Substantial spaciousness in each home's main living triangle: the kitchen, café and gathering room. Kitchens feature large islands and a butler's pantry with a wine refrigerator in select plans. Meanwhile, updated bedroom suites provide private spaces for guests to wind down in the evenings, and a sitting room adjacent to the owner suite allows owners to escape and rejuvenate. These features combine to provide owners functional, comfortable areas not only for themselves but also for entertaining and hosting guests.
- Seamless incorporation of outdoor space, making it an extension of the home. Patios have higher roofs and larger sliding glass doors to maximize natural light and blur the line between indoor and outdoor living.
- More storage, with the addition of walk-in pantries, oversized garages, and linen storage in the owner's bath. Spa-like baths, featuring oversized walk-in showers (e.g., zero entry) are offered, while shower benches and controls at the point of entry provide added convenience.
- An emphasis on form and function. For example, pocket doors minimize door swing conflicts, the HVAC filter is easier to access, and dryer boxes maximize laundry room space. In the kitchen, the microwave location has been lowered and a raised dishwasher option has been eliminated.
- Energy-saving upgrades in the form of LED lighting, radiant heat shields for the attic, high-efficiency windows, and right-sized HVAC systems, all allowing for lower monthly energy bills. Buyers can also choose from a variety of Pulte Smart Home automation technologies to enhance home safety and security, elevate the in-home entertainment experience, and seamlessly control lights and thermostat with the touch of a button or the sound of their voice.
"The coveted reputation Del Webb has achieved among active adults reflects our commitment to understanding what these buyers want and need at this stage of their lives," Carrier summarized. "The GenYouTM
collection is further evidence of this commitment to ageless living."
Interested buyers are invited to visit Carolina Gardens to learn more about the new GenYouTM active adult home designs
and tour the model homes. For more information, call 919-736-6065 or visit the Carolina Gardens
page on DelWebb.com. To learn more about Del Webb in the Triangle, visit DelWebb.com/
About Carolina Gardens
Carolina Gardens by Del Webb is a diverse, active lifestyle 55+ community located in the renowned greater Triangle. Anchored by the cities of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, our community is not only rich with amenities; the best of North Carolina is within easy reach. With 800 plus homes planned for enjoyable main floor living, the community has been thoughtfully designed to include a 20,500 square foot community center, supporting a full spectrum of fitness and fun activities. Amenities will include resort-style indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis and pickleball courts, a fitness center, aerobics studio, varsity room, multi-purpose rooms, community garden, pocket parks, and a dog park. For more information visit the Carolina Gardens (https://www.delwebb.com/
210313) page on DelWebb.com/
About Del Webb
Del Webb is a national brand of PulteGroup, Inc. Del Webb is the pioneer in active adult communities and America's leading builder of new homes targeted to pre-retirement and retiring boomers. Del Webb builds consumer inspired homes and communities for active adults ages 55+ who want to continue to explore, grow, and learn, socially, physically, and intellectually as they look forward to retirement. For more information on Del Webb, visit DelWebb.com. (https://www.delwebb.com/)