Benchmark equities pulled back as market wraps, April gains show strong data
Stocks fell on last day of April, after record setting yesterday. Market and investors took a break after the deluge of positive economic data and strong first quarter earnings results of most companies this week.
By: Synergy Capital Asset Management Limited
Major indexes dwindled, with NASDAQ being the biggest loser with less than 0.90% value drop. The S&P lost more than 0.70% in today's market trading session, after setting a record high of more than 4,200 points yesterday. Lastly, the Dow lost more than 0.50% in the session earlier. Still, all three benchmark equities resulted in gains for the month of April.
Futures of the major indexes are also recorded below the red line. The Dow futures dropped by about 0.54%, S&P futures slipping by about 0.72% and NASDAQ futures with the biggest drop at 0.85%. Small caps Russel 2000 also suffered by lowering to 1.26%.
Below is a brief summary of what have happened in the market today, Friday:
- NASDAQ Composite Index slumped 0.85% or 119.86 points and wrapped at 13,963
- The S&P 500 Index dropped by 0.72% or 30.30 points closing at 4,181
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average slipped by 0.54% or 185.51 points, to end at 33,8756
- U.S. 2 Year Treasury yield dropped 0.002 basis points to 0.164
- U.S. 5 Year Treasury yield tripped by 0.008 basis points ending at 0.857
- U.S. 10 Year Treasury yield fell by 0.003 basis points closing 1.635
- U.S. 20 Year Treasury yield decreased by 0.003 basis points now at 2.184
- U.S. 30 Year Treasury yield stepped down with 0.001 basis point gain at 2.301
Precious metal has dropped under commodities while crude oil gains a few percent. Global currencies on the other side are roughly gaining its pace ending up mixed as today's market session expire.
- Gold dropped $10.85 or 0.61% and is now at $1,771.25 per ounce
- Silver dipped $0.17 or 0.65% to $26.07 an ounce
- Western Texas Intermediate Crude is currently at $63.58 a barrel losing 2.20%
- Brent Crude closed at $66.76 per barrel after losing 1.90%
- Euro / USD = -0.01043 (0.86%) = 1.20190
- USD / Yen = +0.409 (0.38%) = 109.318
- GBP / USD = -0.0130 (0.93%) = 1.3813
- AUD / USD = -0.00566 (0.73%) = 0.77112
- USD / CAD = -0.00015 (0.01%) = 1.22800
For now you may browse more on Synergy Capital Asset Management Limited https://synergycapitalam.com/
Synergy Capital Asset Management Limited