Benchmark equities recover losses; Small caps outperformed
Today' market session closed with all major indexes recovering from drop in value yesterday.
By: Synergy Capital Asset Management Limited
Meanwhile, the Dow also stepped forward by 220 points or 0.67%, crossing the 34,000 once more. Small caps even exceeded gains from major indexes, as Russel 2000 ended with an increase of more than 2%.
The futures of the benchmark equities also moved up, ranging from 1% to almost 1.5%. this reflects the strong economic report. Despite the news about changing capital tax for the wealthy to 35.6%, the investors are now more open once the panic about possible resurgence of COVID-19 was replaced by better than expected data of economic recovery.
Below are the key movements in today's session:
- NASDAQ Composite Index jumped 1.44% or 198.40 points and closed at 14,017
- The S&P 500 Index gained 1.09% or 45.19 points ending 4,180
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose by 0.67% or 22759 points, to end at 34,043
- U.S. 2 Year Treasury yield gained 0.012 basis points to 0.164
- U.S. 5 Year Treasury yield stepped up by 0.028 basis points ending at 0.821
- U.S. 10 Year Treasury yield slightly up by 0.023 basis points closing 1.563
- U.S. 20 Year Treasury yield increased by 0.017 basis points now at 2.129
- U.S. 30 Year Treasury yield moved forward with 0.019 basis point gain at 2.240
Precious metals dipped as most traders are widening their ideals for a most profitable market. Crude also dropped following the negative impact from swinging market trades. Currencies all over the world on the other side are now coping up with the continues effect of covid19.
Listed below are the current prices under commodities and currencies.
- Gold dropped $9.79 or 0.55% and is now at $1,784.04 per ounce
- Silver dipped $0.42 or 1.59% to $26.13 an ounce
- Western Texas Intermediate Crude is currently at $62.14 a barrel losing 1.16%
- Brent Crude closed at $66.11 per barrel gaining 1.09%
- Euro / USD = +0.00815 (0.68%) = 1.20965
- USD / Yen = -0.087 (0.08%) = 107.858
- GBP / USD = +0.0040 (0.29%) = 1.3876
- AUD / USD = +0.00407 (0.53%) = 0.77482
For now you may browse more on Synergy Capital Asset Management Limited https://synergycapitalam.com/
Synergy Capital Asset Management Limited