WAN CHAI, Hong Kong
- April 21, 2021
-- The Dow and S&P rallied bagging new all-time highs with the Dow rose above its 34,000 mark. NASDAQ experienced erratic market but continues to consolidate recent gain and ended slightly higher.
These were backed up by recent report on better than expected economic data and lower new unemployment claims.
Major index futures are also steady above the green line, and the Dow futures leading with a gain of a bit less than 0.50%. S&P futures up by almost 0.40% and NASDAQ futures inched higher by 0.10%.
Here's the key market movement for today's stock session this Friday afternoon:
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rallied up 164.68 points or 0.48% and ended an all-time high of 34,201.
- S&P 500 Index traded higher by 15.05 points or 0.36% at 4,185 which is also their all time high. This movement was backed up by their outperforming tech sectors.
- NASDAQ Composite Index increased by 13.58 points or 0.10% and ended with 14,052.
Yields on short term bonds inched higher while long term ones slipped lower:
- U.S. 2 Year Treasury yield up by 0.12% at 0.163.
- U.S. 5 Year Treasury yield increased by 1.81% or 0.015 ending at 0.829.
- U.S. 10 Year Treasury yield slightly up by 0.13% or 0.002 closing at 1.580.
- U.S. 20 Year Treasury yield dipped by 0.87% or 0.019 now at 2.156.
- U.S. 30 Year Treasury yield dropped by 0.36% or 0.008 at 2.267.
Oil prices slightly pulled back today while precious metals rose its value.
- Western Texas Intermediate Crude is currently at $63.13 a barrel losing about 0.52%.
- Brent Crude closed at $66.77 per barrel dropping around 0.25%.
- Gold gained $28.08 or 1.59% and closed with $1,764.13 an ounce.
- Silver stepped forward by $0.46 or 1.76% and now at $25.85 an ounce.
International currencies rallied mixed with most of them gained as seen below;
- Euro / USD = +0.00183 (0.15%) = 1.19823
- USD / Yen = +0.074 (0.07%) = 108.750
- GBP / USD = +0.0049 (0.36%) = 1.3831
- AUD / USD = -0.00175 (0.23%) = 0.77330
- USD / CAD = -0.00377 (0.30%) = 1.2505
For more updates in finances and stock market visit us at Elite Capital International Limited - https://elitecapitalinternational.com/
or contact us thru email immediately.