- April 16, 2021
-- That's definitely not true. Although most cases affect women as their breast activity and development is higher than that of men, men can also develop breast cancer.
Just like a woman's body, a man's body has the same breast, lymph nodes, mammary glands, lobular cells and everything else aside from the reproductive parts. It just so happens that a woman's breast gets more developed through puberty, and experiences more activity specially through pregnancy.
Though the case for breast cancer in men is as rare as it can be, it still happens so being aware of the symptoms can make a difference.
Although lumps can be a sign of cancer, it is not always present. Here's some of the symptoms we can watch out for to make sure we discover cancer as early as possible:
- Retraction of nipple – when you normally don't have an inverted nipple and all of a sudden, it inverts or retracts, its best to have it checked up.
- Thickening of the tissues in the breast part – it can be a lump, or you can feel the breast tissues hardening, or one of the breasts becomes swollen or bigger. Have it checked as soon as possible to avoid delays in treatment.
- Discharge – a nipple discharge is one thing, but if the color is either clear, brown, yellow or red, it is best to have it examined for breast cancer. Doing so can possibly turn around the experience itself, as well as possible discovery of any other infection or disease.
- Scaling on the nipple or breast area – this rarely happens, so best to watch out for it. Remember that early detection of breast cancer means higher chance of recovery from the illness itself.
- Itchiness, redness, skin irritation, rash or swelling on the breast – allergy is one thing, but if these symptoms show up without any other causes, getting in touch with an expert is much suggested.
Breast cancer can be treated, and the survival rate and recovery rate is directly proportional to how early it was diagnosed. Men normally don't pay attention to their breast, and record shows that most breast cancer in men are diagnosed in the late stages.
Catch up-to-date press release and more at Medical Infralytix Pvt Ltd services, do visit our website at https://meditherma.com/
or contact us thru email.