News By Tag
News By Place
Community Concert Association Announces 2022 Season; Tickets Now On Sale for Five Rare Performances
By: Fort Myers Community Concert Association
Tickets are now on sale for the five-performance season, which organizers say bring the best in classical ballet, symphony and big brass performances to Southwest Florida. All performances will be at the Barbara B. Mann Hall on the Florida SouthWestern State College campus in Fort Myers.
"We are so happy to be back for 2022 after canceling our 2021 season due to the pandemic," said Community Concert Association President Mary Lee Mann. "Community Concert Association members and guests will love seeing Itzhak Perlman again as well as our other artists from around the world."
All five concerts are included in one ticket price, which ranges from $165 for prime orchestra and mezzanine seats to $155 for other orchestra and mezzanine seats, $85 for lower balcony seating and just $65 for upper balcony. Most $165 orchestra seating already is sold out, Mann said.
For tickets and membership information, visit www.fortmyerscommunityconcerts.org or call 239-693-4849. Tickets to individual performances are not available at this time.
The five performances all begin at 7:30 p.m.:
● The Polish Wienlawski Philharmonic Orchestra – January 17, 2022. The orchestra was founded in 1944 and is making its first ever tour of the United States in 2022.
● VOCES8 – February 17, 2022. The British vocal ensemble VOCES8 will present an a cappella concert celebrating diverse musical expression.
● The Rodney Marsalis Philadelphia Big Brass – March 3, 2022. The group breaks the usual barriers between genres playing Handel, Sousa and New Orleans traditional.
● Itzhak Perlman – March 5, 2022 – Perlman is the reigning virtuoso of the violin and is returning to the Community Concert series for a third time.
● Russian National Ballet – March 22, 2022. The Russian National Ballet will perform the timeless "Swan Lake."
The Fort Myers Community Concert Association, now in its 72nd concert season, is an all-volunteer not-for-profit organization founded by the legendary Barbara B. Mann in 1949 to bring world-class entertainment to Southwest Florida at affordable prices.
Susan Bennett Marketing & Media, L.C.
Page Updated Last on: Apr 05, 2021