- March 17, 2021
-- Connect@Changi brings back "safe" business travel
The facility opened this week, and initially features 150 guest rooms and 40 meeting rooms, with the rooms being able to accommodate anywhere from four to 22 people.How does the Connect@Changi concept work?
- Business travellers from around the world can apply for the SafeTravel Pass under the Connect@Singapore scheme so that they can conduct in-person business meetings with companies in Singapore
- When the foreigner lands at Changi Airport, they will be driven directly to the Connect@Changi facility, and won't be allowed to leave until they return to the airport
- Travellers will need a pre-travel negative COVID-19 test, then they'll need another COVID-19 test upon arrival (and will have to stay in their room until the results are in), and then depending on the length of stay will have to get tested again on days three, seven, and 14
- Foreign business travellers will be completely isolated and will have three meals a day delivered to their rooms, though there are some amenities, like gym pods (which only one person can use at a time)
- Then travellers can conduct in-person business meetings with locals in conference rooms, though there are air-tight glass panels separating people on both sides; there are different entrances and exits, different ventilation systems, and if documents have to be signed they will be sanitized before being transferred between sides.
) is a new facility at Singapore EXPO that allows people from around the world to have face-to-face business meetings with residents of Singapore, minus the risk. Think of it as a Singaporean business travel bubble.
For those wondering, rates for this business accommodation in Singapore (https://connectatchangi.sg/rooms/5
) seem to start at ~410 SGD (~309 USD) per night, and that includes three meals per day, roundtrip airport transfers, a minibar, and much more.