CIM Employment Supporting Family and Friends Without Employment During COVID-19
CIM Employment by Altius People and Operations Manager, Ozlem Robinson, provides some advice that may help those impacted.
By: Altius Group
Losing your job in the midst of an event such as this brings unprecedented upheaval. The normal stresses of unemployment, including financial hardship and a sense of a loss of purpose, are very real. The fact that we are in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic adds stresses we could not have imagined a few months ago.
CIM Employment by Altius is a is a government-funded Employment Service Provider that helps job seekers, with a mental or physical health condition, to find and keep a job that they love. During this period our program has been connecting job seekers with employers who understand individual needs, and who want to provide accessible work. Our purpose is to help people with a health condition or injury receive assistance to prepare for, find and keep a job.
Some of your friends or family may qualify for CIM Employment's support – and gain access to a number of helpful job search support services, such as:
- Accessing technology
- Support with vocational goal setting – for the short, medium and longer term.
- Up to date information regarding industry trends
- Revised job search coaching and support
- Job interview coaching
- Anxiety and stress management strategies
- Technological and computer skill coaching
- Access to retraining and free courses
- Assessing your eligibility for government and/or scheme-based incentive programs