News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
37th Annual Arizona Matsuri Japanese Culture Festival
This annual event takes place on February 27th-28th, 2021 - virtually.
By: The Arizona Matsuri
The family-friendly event will be held on Facebook (@azmatsuri.)
This will be the 37th year for Arizona Matsuri. The theme for the 2021 Arizona Matsuri is "Senbazuru (1000 Origami Cranes)". Festival hours begin at 10:00 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday. Enthusiasts are encouraged to still dress up for the day in traditional or modern styles in the spirit of the east meeting the west and to experience the land of the rising sun right here in the valley. The festival includes entertainment, raffles, taiko and martial arts, merchandise vendors, food vendors, clubs, fine arts, children's games, and exhibits.
TWO FREE DAYS IN JAPAN….in Phoenix? "It sure feels like it!"
Kelly Moeur – 2019 Honorary Consul General of Japan in Phoenix
Festival highlights for 2021 will include:
- Traditional and modern music, dance, martial arts and drum performances
- Authentic food and merchandise information and coupons from our vendors
- Plenty of raffle items including Japan Airlines/American Airlines festival raffle for a trip to Japan
- Arizona-inspired haiku poetry contest and exhibit
- Educational materials directly from our Japanese Consulate
- A blast from the past with videos of previous Arizona Matsuri performers!
Details on this year's food and merchandise vendors, exhibitors, stage performer schedules, and haiku contest can be found at www.azmatsuri.org.
The Arizona Matsuri is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Marketing & PR
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse