LiceDoctors Offers 10 Tips to Eliminate Head Lice in Brooklyn Families
LiceDoctors Lice Treatment Service makes house calls to families in the Brooklyn area and they have successfully eliminated lice in over 500,000 clients using a chemical-free approach. Here are 10 tips from the lice experts to get rid head lice.
Despite growing awareness of the problem, the incidence remains high. Lice are primarily spread through head-to-head contact. While you can contract it from an object, that is the exception.
Faced with a head lice diagnosis, parents often run out and buy chemicals which often do not work as the bugs have mutated and are now resistant (called "super lice"). LiceDoctors, the largest at-home professional lice treatment service in the nation offers this advice for parents who want to try to treat on their own:
1. Place the child under a bright lamp.
2. Have on hand a high-quality metal lice comb, oil, a regular comb, and paper towels.
3. Saturate the hair with oil.
4. Comb with the metal lice comb, wiping comb on a white paper towel.
5. Eggs will be brown against the paper towel and are round on one side, pointy on the other.
6. If what you pull out is white, it will not be visible against the paper towel. Those are not eggs.
7. Next wash and dry the hair.
8. Comb the the hair into two inch sections.
9. Hold a section of hair and fan it in so that you can see each strand.
10. Eggs will be glued to the hair close to the scalp. Grab each one with your fingers and slide down the strand until all signs of nits are gone.
LiceDoctors has used their expertise in successfully treating more than 500,000 clients. It is imperative to remove all eggs to fully eradicate a case of head lice.
For further information or to make an appointment for a lice professional to make a house call to your home in the Brooklyn area, call 718-559-6983 or go to https://www.licedoctors.com/