News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Award-Winning Author Offers Five Tips on Managing Your Relationship
By: Foote Communications
Kimberly S. Reed, author of the top-selling, "Optimists ALWAYS Win!: Unlocking the Power to Reach Life's C-Suite" (HCI, 2021), knows that many people have spent more time with their family, partners, friends and by themselves than anyone could have expected. What we've all learned, she says, is that we've there are relationships that have become invaluable – and others that are dragging us down.
"I don't bill myself as a romance expert," says Reed, MEd, CDP, is an award-winning diversity, equality and inclusion expert, international speaker and corporate trainer. "But I have had several loving relationships where I have learned that relationships are a series of investments, deposits and withdrawals."
In Reed's book, she offers 10 "discouragement eliminators,"
1. Evaluate your connections. Remember, Reed says, your relationships are your currency. Are they offering you a return on your investment?
2. Deposit before you withdraw. If you want something out of your relationship, Reed advises, you have to be willing to put something into it.
3. Nurture the relationship you have with yourself. You can't give what you don't have. You need to dig deep to build up your self-esteem.
4. Know when to stop depositing. There comes a point when you have to tell yourself it's time to move on. Do it. Don't waste time. It will be better for you and the person in which you're involved. You don't need to explain yourself.
5. Monitor your emotional bank account. It boils down to this, Reed says. The love and positivity you receive are dependent on the love and positivity you put out into the world.
Reed's new book, offers refreshing, heartfelt and inspirational stories, advice and tools to help you not just confront life's worst moments, but learn how to embolden your inner strength to stand tall, hold your head up and power your way through life with grace, confidence and resilience. Drawing from her own experiences, Reed shares the heart wrenching story of her heroic battle with breast cancer and her mother's terminal illness. Using a tough-love and empathetic tone, Reed shows readers that it's possible to rise above pessimism and hopelessness when faced with hardship.
All book royalties are being donated to the American Cancer Society AstraZeneca Hope Lodge in Philadelphia and to a premier Academic Research Institution for Integrated Breast Cancer Fund and Patient Care. You can preorder the book today on Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/