Knobull Academic Search Startup Seeks Angel Investment
By: Knobull, Inc.
Knobull has built a secure Academic Skill Building Engine for students that won't collect their personal data or track them. Initial revenue will come from affiliate relationships with Amazon, Walmart, other online retailers and universities.
Help high school and college students become skillful students in a secure, highly developmental environment. Develop and distribute unobtrusive native promotions to interested students.
We built a sophisticated multifaceted research engine that delivers academic guidance to students. Our research shows we should capture a new $200 Million niche.
Each Knobull user can browse our web app through the following mediums:
1. Student News: Select and read from a comprehensive series of articles.
2. Contact Us: Students ask academic process questions and quickly receive answers.
3. Message Board: Network with fellow students to discuss research stories.
4. Research Engine: Search through 5 billion documents.
5. Resources: Links to listings of critical academic sources; websites, online libraries, journals, writing guides.
• The Knobull team completed an initial market survey with 86% positive results.
• A recent survey shows that 24% of internet users would switch to a new search engine if it didn't collect personal data. Knobull pledges to keep user data secure.
• Several thousand users have and will continue to visit our Web App after being ranked #2 above Google by The College Post.
Market Size & Potential Rev(Billion$)
2021 2022 2023 2024 2025
Mkt$ 52 68. 88. 114. 149.
Mkt% .01 .1 .1 .1 .1
Rv m$ 5.2 68 88 114 149
*Forrester reported the mobile ad market at $40 Billion in 2020 and Business Insider projected 30% CAGR through 2024
• We need to promote the theme of secure academic search: 10% of students use DuckDuckGo which stresses security for search.
• 13% use other than Google Scholar as academic search engine. Initially target 10% of college 22m student market to ultimately reach 2 million users.
• 80% showed interest in our support services. We will build the text of each image posted around one of our services and "a better learning experience".
• 55% were concerned or very concerned about their personal data security online. 46% were most concerned about being tracked.
• 100 % would consider changing to another academic SE service. 67% would change to a service they viewed as better.
• 47% of the responses fit in our sweet spot as a call to action; this includes data security and multiple services.
Bentley concluded, "Interested investors please go to Knobull.com and leave a message on our Contact page."
Page Updated Last on: Dec 26, 2020