Delta Airlines policy on cancelled flights
When the flight is confirmed with Delta Airlines, and you have changed your plan, you can easily cancel the booking. In case the flight gets cancelled by the airline, you can claim a refund or rebook it. If you are cancelling it on your own, you need to follow the policy of flight cancellation and its rules. For detailed info on the cancellation policy, go through the article explained below.
Delta Airlines cancellation policy
To cancel a booking with Delta Airlines, you need to proceed according to the cancellation policy. The important terms and rules of the cancellation policy of Delta Airlines are as follows:
• If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking it, you will be eligible to claim the full refund.
• After 24 hours, only the refundable bookings will have a complete refund. Other bookings will be entitled to the cancellation charges.
• To claim this 24-hour risk-free cancellation, you need to have the booking done at least 7 days or before the departure date.
• The charges of cancellation will be calculated as per the fare rules of Delta Airlines.
• To cancel your booking, you can use the Manage Booking option available on the Delta Airlines website.
• When you cancel the booking, you can raise the refund request and get your refund amount.
In this way, you can easily cancel your booking without much hassle.
After cancellation, if you are still left with any sort of queries or issues, you have the option to contact Delta Airlines reservations. The team of customer service is available 24x7 to assist its passengers with any kind of queries or enquires. You can browse the section of contact available on the Delta Airlines website.