Brooke Capital Limited: Dow marked 30k level leading market higher after Trump admit defeat
Major Indices has rose twice this week with investors cheering after reports that current President Trump has lay down the tramp and accepts Joe Biden's winning the Presidency.
Sentiments over the positive progress of the coronavirus vaccine has also put the Dow into a new record high above 30,000. Even S&P 500 and Nasdaq has regained some of their dreadful losses from last week and gained 1.62% and 1.31%, respectively.
Treasuries, crude and Dollar all ended up higher but precious minerals such as Gold and Silver both dropped.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average outperformed with 454.97 points gains or 1.54% increase to 30,046.24, marking record high up to 30,000 level.
- Nasdaq Composite also advances with 156.15 points or is 1.31% higher to 12,036.79.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index and MSCI Asia Pacific Index both rose around 0.9%.
Under Bonds, the yields on the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note climbed to 0.875%, recording its highest peak since November 18 of this fiscal year. The yield on the 30-year Treasury Bonds has slightly upward to 1.573%. The upward movement of the Treasuries comes up after current President Donald Trump has accepted that President-elect Joe Biden's transition in the White House must start.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note advances to 0.875%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond is up a bit to 1.573%.
- The yield on two-year Treasuries rose less than one basis point to 0.16%.
- Germany's 10-year yield climbed with three basis points increase to -0.56%.
- Gold depreciates with 31.29 points loss or is 1.73% lower to $1,805.94 an ounce.
- Silver is also down with less than 1 point decreased or is down by 1.43% to $23.25 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude has rose around 1.85 points or is 4.30% higher to $44.91 per barrel.
- Brent crude has rose slightly upward to $47.87 per barrel.
US Dollar (DXY) has rallied on today's session and ended up higher around 92.166 per dollar. Global currencies also rose with Euro and British pound gained 0.4% and 0.3%, respectively. Japanese yen has move a bit higher to 104.54 per dollar.
Catch up-to-date financial news and more at Brooke Capital Limited services, do visit our website at https://brooke-
Brooke Capital Limited