Help BDF Celebrate Children's Day (Bal Diwas) On November 14th
On November 14th India celebrates children's day. Please help support our cause to raise awareness of children's welfare and their right to care, nutrition, and education.
In addition to the ten original principals, recent U.N. initiatives have also included:
- teaching environmental concern;
- focus on child labor to include: slavery, child prostitution, and child pornography;
- children of armed conflict suffer physical and psychological trauma and should not be recruited and child soldiers, prohibitions on killing/maiming of children, abduction of children, attacks on schools/hospitals and not allowing humanitarian access to children;
India's Constitution specifically mentions the following children's rights:
- Right to free and compulsory elementary education for all children in the 6-14 year age group
- Right to be protected from any hazardous employment
- Right to early childhood care and education
- Right to be protected from abuse
- Right to be protected from the economic necessity to enter occupations unsuited to their age or strength
- Right to equal opportunities and facilities to develop in a healthy manner
- Right to freedom and dignity and guaranteed protection of childhood and youth against exploitation
Although World Children's Rights day is celebrated on November 20th, in India November 14th coincides with the birthdate of India's first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. PM Nehru is quoted for saying: "The children of today will make the India of tomorrow. The way we bring them up will determine the future of the country."
On this day, people are encouraged to distribute gift items that include clothes, toys, books, food, and chocolates to children.
Building Dreams Foundation (BDF) is a recognized non governmental organization (NGO). BDF promotes the social development of disadvantaged children and communities. Our NGO's mission is to serve the most vulnerable populations in India. We focus on Food, Education, Environment and Empowerment. BDF helps people to help themselves grow. Our goal is to transform students' lives through the mediums of music, art, technology, and academic studies. We prepare students for adult life to become productive members of society who serve as role models who inspire others within their communities.
Building Dreams Foundation could not exist without your generous financial support. Please visit our website – https://BuildingDreams.org.in
We encourage individual donations and seek corporate sponsors and grants. Help us end poverty and hunger.