Brooke Capital Limited: Dow Jones outperformed leading market with 800 points gain, market wraps up
Stocks rallied mixed with Dow leading the market after gaining almost 3% in today's session.
The three major indices all hit intraday record highs but ended up mixed just before the trading session closed this Monday. The Dow and S&P 500 both rose while Nasdaq fell about 1.5%.
There is no current progress yet whether a new coronavirus aid bill will pass now that the US Presidential election is done, but everyone is optimistic that few weeks from now the lower house and the White house will get to an agreement.
Here are the rest of the movement in Stock Market this Monday;
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average outperformed gaining around 834.57 points or 2.95% higher to 29,157.97.
- Nasdaq Composite fell short and loss about 181.45 points or is down by 1.53% to 11,713.78.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index climbed up about 4%.
- The MSCI Emerging Market Index rose around 1.4%.
- The yield on the 10-year Treasury note has rose about 13 basis points to 0.95%, after rallying to an intra rate of 0.975%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond surged around 15 basis points to 1.742%.
- Germany's 10-year yield climbed 11 basis points to -0.51%.
- Britain's 10-year yield jumped 10 basis points to 0.372%.
- Gold quite fell big time losing less than 86 points or is 4.59% lower to $1,866.61 an ounce.
- Silver is also down by 5.89% or has loss around 1.43 points to $24.20 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude has rose and gained 3.15 points or is 8.48% higher to $40.29 per barrel.
- Brent crude also rose with 2.95 points increase or 7.48% higher to $42.40 per barrel.
- US Dollar Currency Index has no to little change at 92.725 per dollar.
- The Japanese yen depreciated 1.9% to 105.38 per dollar.
- The euro fell 0.5% to $1.1811.
Catch up-to-date financial news and more at Brooke Capital Limited services, do visit our website at https://brooke-
Brooke Capital Limited