Economists condemn Donald Trump and urge voters to oust him-Anh Lê Commentary
By: Wright Enterprises www.wrightnow.biz
Economists condemn Donald Trump and urge voters to oust him from the White House with their ballots
By Anh Lê
This presidential election of 2020 is regarded as the most consequential election in American history.
Over 1,000 American economists signed an Open Letter to the American people condemning Donald Trump and his administration for their "reckless" and "dangerous" behaviors and wrecking of the United States, and urged American voters to oust Trump from the White House when they send in their ballots and go to the polls.
The Open Letter was started in late October, and now has 1,084 signatories, including 7 Nobel Laureates and other renowned economists throughout the U.S.
During the 2016 presidential campaign, a similar Open Letter signed by over 790 economists condemned Donald Trump for "his deep ignorance of economics and an inability to listen to credible experts."
In the Open Letter today, the economists state, "Donald Trump is a dangerous, destructive choice for the country. He misinforms the electorate, degrades trust in public institutions with conspiracy theories, and promotes willful delusion over engagement with reality. If elected, he poses a unique danger to the functioning of democratic and economic institutions, and to the prosperity of the country."
The economists condemn Trump for his "chaotic and ineffective approach to negotiations"
The economists also condemn Trump for:
• His "managerial incompetence."
• Failure to "achieve his campaign's core economic promises."
• "His administration's public health response to COVID-19...described by medical scientists as having turned 'a crisis into a tragedy' and as having underperformed relative to other democracies."
• His "consistently undermin(ing)
• His having "fostered a culture of unabashed corruption by pressuring for countries to undermine his political opponents."
• His refusal to release his tax returns, "making it difficult to determine the extent to which his financial interests conflict with the country's."
• "In just 1 term in office, Donald Trump has rendered the U.S. unrecognizable, and has faced no consequences for doing so."
Click here for complete commentary:
Anh Lê is an independent journalist.
Copyright @ Anh Lê, November 3, 2020