News By Tag
News By Location
ACEC/MA Announces BSC Group as 2020 winner of Bronze Engineering Excellence Award
BSC Group earns award for their work on the EMD Serono's Sagamore Building Expansion
By: PR First
The 2020 Engineering Excellence Awards were recently announced and will be celebrated at the 2021 ACEC/MA Engineering Excellence and Awards Gala. The awards celebrate innovation, ingenuity, and excellence in engineering achievement
EMD Serono's Sagamore building in Billerica has earned the acclaimed WELL Gold certification and is poised to change the way buildings are designed by placing people and wellness at the center of the design process. The Sagamore Building is EMD Serono's 30,000 square-foot expansion of their research and development facility. This development expands upon an
existing 24,000 square-foot building, more than doubling the pre-existing office space, and maintains a unified campus experience. The WELL certification is a global movement, aimed to transform our built environment in order to advance human health and wellness. Beyond the building's achievements in sustainable and low impact design, the building embodies a thriving working space that promotes creative thinking and healthy lifestyles.
The WELL's framework is guided by the following principles:
· Equitable. Provides the greatest benefit to the largest number of people, inclusive of all demographic and economic groups and with special consideration to less advantaged or vulnerable populations.
· Global. Proposes interventions that are feasible, achievable and relevant across manapplications.
· Evidence-based. Promotes strong, validated research leading to conclusions that can reasonably be accepted by the scientific community.
· Technically Robust. Draws upon industry best practices and proven strategies, offering consistency in findings across the relevant field or discipline.
· Customer Focused. Defines program requirements through a dynamic development process, with multiple opportunities for stakeholder engagement, and by tapping the expertise of established leaders in science, health, business, design and operations.
· Resilient. Responds to advances in scientific knowledge and technology, continuously adapting and integrating new findings in the field.
Founded in 1965 to provide engineering-