Brooke Capital Limited: Major Indices declined ending 4-day winning streak as tech, bank shares drop
After the disappointing news about the coronavirus vaccine and a possible deadlock over the propose stimulus package, stocks are all down.
Proposed stimulus is dimmed after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi insist that President Trump's smaller scale must be upgraded but the latter declined and tweeted, "Go big or go home!!"
S&P500 declined quite big about 0.64%, dragged down by Apple which shares ended up 2.65% lower right after their newest 5G handset is launched. Banks are also big contributors in today's fall with Citigroup Inc. and JPMorgan Chase and Co. sinking. The Dow and Nasdaq also fell by 0.55% and 0.10%, respectively.
Treasuries are also down together with Gold and Silver.
Here's what happen in Stock Market this Tuesday;
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped about 157.77 points or is 0.55% lower to 28,679.81.
- Nasdaq Composite fell short and is down by 12.36 points or 0.10% to 11,863.90.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index dipped about 0.5%.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index has increased by 0.1%.
- The 10-year Treasury yield is down by 5 basis points to 0.7248%.
- The 30-year bond rate dropped about to 1.51%.
- The 2-year yield has a little change back to 0.141%.
- Germany's 10-year yield loss around one basis point to -0.56%.
- Britain's 10-year yield slid about three basis points to 0.239%.
- Gold depreciates about 31.23 points or is down by 1.65% to $1,893.03 an ounce.
- Silver fell less than one point or 3.89% to $24.20 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude is up by less than one point or 1.95% to $40.20 per barrel.
- Brent crude rose a bit to $42.39 per barrel.
- US Dollar Currency Index appreciates less than 1% to 93.54 per dollar.
- The euro slid quite a few points about 0.6% to $1.1747.
- The Japanese yen slid 0.1% to 105.48 per dollar.
Catch up on the date financial news here and to know more about Brooke Capital Limited services do visit our website https://brooke-
Brooke Capital Limited