Redwood Capital Management Limited: Major Indices hit six-week high all led by Tech shares
Stocks rose as trading session starts this week led by tech related shares and so with investors who are keeping an eye to a round of quarterly corporate earnings report.
Nasdaq outperformed both Dow and S&P, getting back its best peak since September of this year. Apple also rose about 6.4% after traders seeking for a good rally from an upcoming event of the company wherein they are about to unveil their first ever 5G iPhone.
Facebook and Amazon also increased more than 4%. Gold and crude are down while Treasuries rose.
Meanwhile, here are the main movements in the stock market this Monday;
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rallied and ended up 250.62 points or less than 1% higher to 28,837.52.
- Nasdaq Composite also increased around 296.32 points or is 2.56% higher to 11,876.26.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index rose quite a bit with 0.7% higher.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index gained about 0.9%.
- The yield on the 10-year benchmark has increased by 0.2 basis points to 0.7770%.
- Germany's 10-year yield is down by two basis points to -0.55%.
- Britain's 10-year yield slid about one basis point to 0.271%.
- Gold fell shortly around 5.38 points lower or 0.28% to $1,924.26 an ounce.
- Sliver has no to little change at $25.15 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude declined about 1.17 points or is 2.88% lower to $39.43 per barrel.
- Brent crude also slid around 1.13 points or 2.64% to $41.72 per barrel.
- US Dollar Currency Index has a little change at 93.10 per dollar.
- The euro dipped about 0.1% to $1.1812.
- The British pound is up by 0.2% to $1.3066.
For now you may browse more on Redwood Capital Management Limited -https://redwoodcapitalmanagementltd.com/
Redwood Capital Management Limited