Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
New Certificate In Women's Health Issues
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions releases a new Certificate in Women's Health Issues
By: ALLEGRA Learning Solutions
Women represent over half of the global population. While women have a longer life expectancy than men in most every country, they don't necessarily get to enjoy healthier lives. Millions of women suffer from health issues each year throughout the world—health issues that would not affect them if they were men. Women and their health issues have traditionally been neglected both nationally and globally. Poverty, scarce education or economic opportunities, gender bias, gender discrimination, unjust laws, and human rights violations impede advancements in women's health worldwide. The ability to effectively communicate their needs also impacts women's health.
When women's health concerns, women's rights, and education and empowerment are made a priority, the result is immense improvements in the health and well-being of women and their children on a global scale.
Courses in this certificate include:
· Women's Health Issues
· Self-Care for Health and Well Being
· International Women's Health—Challenges and Opportunities
· Oral Health: Beautiful Smiles for Life
· Women's Mental Health and Wellness
· Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) Health Issues
· Effective and Empowering Communication
Single courses can be purchased as well. This innovative certificate program is invaluable to health care professionals and the public alike!
Contact Hours: 14 contact hours
For more information, visit http://www.allegralearning.com.
# # #
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
In addition, ALLEGRA Learning Solutions has accreditations for the following health care professionals:
· Addiction professionals
· Certified nursing assistants
· Diabetes educators
· Dieticians, nutritionists, and nutrition counselors
· Licensed educational psychologists
· Marriage and family therapists
· Massage therapists
· Occupational therapists and assistants
· Respiratory therapists
· Social workers
Cyndie Koopsen, RN, BSN, MBA, HNB-BC, RN-BC, HWNC-BC
Caroline Young, MPH