Kuneo Koei: "Will DistroKid Help Big Tech In The Purge Of Harmful, Hateful Contents And Censorship?"
In a memo leaked to authorized professionals & licensees, Kuneo Koei released its first reactions to DistroKid updated Terms-of-Service & Distribution-Agreement. The entity questions particular mechanisms set for instant/subjective removal of content
By: Koei • Tama
Via a ToS update at DistroKid (a music-distribution platform), KUNEO KOEI expands upon the potentially troubling passages from the revised agreement-documents:
[From DistroKid.com ToS] *
* You agree not to submit User Content and/or Direct Messages, or otherwise take part in User Activity that:
• may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or other third party;
• may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property;
• seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
• may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort;
• contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, otherwise objectionable or content that may be deemed to constitute "hate speech"
• contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party's trade secrets);
• contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
• contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current.
"Beyond calls to automatically comply with similar nineteen eighty four ish mandates, exclaiming artistic expression as thought crime versus free thinking, sans due diligence or investigation, we now ponder, will DistroKid help big tech in the purge of harmful, hateful contents and censorship?" -- KuneoKoei.com executives compiled, "And then of course, are their defining terms, reasonings, and actions they'll take in fact, in the name of freedom, never mind any so called betterment of society?"
About KUNEO KOEI™:
KUNEO KOEI is a master sound-recording rights-controller and Music-entertainment Licensor, issuing a variety of titles which includes Songs ranging many genres and styles such as Classical, Electro, Pop/Rock, and 8/16-Bit sequences (a.k.a. Chiptunes).