Synergy Capital AM: Stocks closed higher as optimism post after reports of US President's recovery
Stocks had rose on the first day of this week after investors continue to closely observe US President Donald Trump's recovery after being hospitalized of suspected with coronavirus and is about to leave the hospital anytime soon.
By: Synergy Capital Asset Management Limited
Treasury also jumped after reports that lawmakers is moving forward and faster in closing the deal with regards the Fiscal Stimulus.
S&P 500 and the Dow both increased almost 2% just before today's session end, while, Nasdaq ended up more than 2% higher.
Here are the main movements in Stock Market this Monday;
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average increased significantly around 465.83 points or 1.68% to 28,148.64, its highest yet in the past 12 weeks.
- Nasdaq Composite is up by 257.47 points or 2.32% higher to 11,332.48, its largest increase in the past 4 weeks.
- The Nasdaq 100 Index has increased about 253.37 points or 2.3% to 11,509.06.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index appreciates around 0.39 point or 0.8% to 366.05, its biggest advance yet in more than a week.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries rose quite bit with seven basis points to 0.78%, its biggest yet in a month time.
- The yield on 30-year Treasuries climbed nine basis points to 1.58%, marking its highest advance in four weeks.
- Germany's 10-year yield gained about three basis points to -0.51%
- Britain's 10-year yield is up by four basis points to 0.288%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude has increased about 2.17 points or is 5.86% higher to $39.22 per barrel.
- Brent crude also rose about 5.14% higher or gained 2.02 points to $41.29 per barrel.
- Gold appreciates around 12.34 points or is almost 1% higher to $1,912.61 an ounce.
- Silver also rose with almost 1-point change or 2.72% higher to $24.38 an ounce.
- US Dollar Currency Index has no significant change at 93.45 per dollar.
- The Japanese yen has weakened around 0.5% to 105.77 per dollar, its weakest yet in almost a month.
- The euro strengthened about 0.6% to $1.1783, its highest mark in two weeks.
For now you may browse more on Synergy Capital Asset Management Limited https://synergycapitalam.com/
Synergy Capital Asset Management Limited