Las Vegas Urban League WIC Offers Tips For Voting Safely During COVID-19 Pandemic
By: Urban League WIC
"It's extremely important that all Nevadans follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) healthy behavior guidelines,"
To ensure compliance with the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (NVRA), voter registration services are offered at all local WIC agencies to all program participants. Voter Registration Services are available in English and Spanish at both Las Vegas Urban League WIC locations. The CDC is recommending these precautionary practices for people voting in person:
· Wash your hands before entering and after leaving a polling location.
· While in the polling location, frequently use alcohol-based hand sanitizers containing at least 60 percent alcohol, especially after touching surfaces frequently touched by multiple people, such as door handles or voting machines.
· Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in lined trash cans. Wash your hands or use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
· Wear a mask.
· Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others.
· Do not disinfect or wipe down the voting equipment yourself.
· Avoid crowds.
Whether or not you request a ballot by mail, all active registered voters in Clark County will automatically receive a mail-in ballot for the General Election. A listing of drop-off sites will be included in your mail-in packet, and can also be viewed online at: www.ClarkCountyNV.gov/
The Las Vegas Urban League Women, Infants and Children Program is a 501c (3) program that is funded by the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services Division of Public Health.
For more information on November's General Election, visit the Urban League WIC website at: www.wiclv.org or contact its two convenient locations: 6480 W. Flamingo Road, Suite B, Las Vegas, phone (702) 227-1573 or 3320 E. Flamingo Road, Suite 50, Las Vegas, phone (702) 476-9561.