Everything that need to know about the cancellation policy of Air India
Have you recently booked reservations with Air India and due to some unavoidable reasons, you need to cancel your booking with the airline?
About the cancellation policy of Air India
For the passengers who are willing to cancel bookings with Air India and have no idea about Air India Cancellation Policy, they can check out the listed pointers and claim a refund against their cancelled flight tickets.
• As per the policy, the passenger is required to cancel their booking at least 12 hours before the departure of the flight.
• In case, if the cancelled flight ticket is partially used, then the cancellation cannot be made online. In such cases, the passenger is required to contact the airline customer service.
• Further, if multiple passengers are included in the itinerary, then the flight ticket for all the passengers will be cancelled at once.
• The cancellation fee charged against the reservation is calculated as per the Air India fare rules.
• Post cancellation of the flight ticket, the passenger can check the eligibility for the refund and claim refund for the same.
• Moreover, if the passenger cancels their booking within 24 hours of the booking, then they are required to pay any cancellation charges.
Thus, these are the few major pointers of the Air India Cancellation Policy that one needs to know before heading on with the cancellation procedure. So, for any reason, if the passenger fails to cancel their booking, they can feel free to reach out to the reservation department of the airline and claim a quick refund for their cancelled booking.