News By Tag
News By Place
Investam-HK: Stocks fell just after a day of dramatic rebound as market wraps up
Major indices fell for the first time in four days due to growing concern over coronavirus cases possible upturn.
By: Investam HK Limited
According to New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, the daily positive cases rate in the city is back above 3% yet again which may have triggered the market's fall.
Another reason that hit the declines is from shares of airlines companies that slid rapidly in today's trading session. JetBlue and American airlines both fell by 4.4% and 4%, respectively. United is down for almost 4% while Southwest ended up 1.7% lower.
Meanwhile, investors are still weighing for positive output in the upcoming new fiscal package in the US which may affect the economy's recovery in the next few months.
Here are the main movements in the Global Stock Market this Tuesday;
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average declined around 131.40 points or is lower by 0.48% to 27,452.66.
- Nasdaq Composite is down by 32.28 points or 0.29% to 11,085.25.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index fell short by 0.5%.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index has no visible change.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note slid about 2 basis points to 0.6397%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond is down a few points at 1.3991%.
- Germany's 10-year yield is down by two basis points to -0.55%.
- Britain's 10-year yield fell short by two basis points to 0.18%.
- Italy's 10-year yield depreciates around three basis points to 0.85%.
- Gold strengthened by 18.76 points or almost 1% to $1,898.22 an ounce.
- Silver also increased by less than a point or 2.65% to $24.28 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude decreased about 1.31 points or 3.23% to $39.29 per barrel.
- Brent crude is also down by 1.40 points or 3.30% to $41.03 per barrel.
- US Dollar Currency Index is down for a few points at 93.88 per dollar.
- Sterling increased quite a bit at 0.2% to $1.2866.
- The Japanese yen slid a bit with 0.2% loss to 105.67 per dollar.
Catch up on the date financial news here and to know more about Investam HK Limited services do visit our website https://investam-
Investam HK Limited