News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Attivo Networks' CTO to Host RH-ISAC 2020 Session on Cyber Deception for Retail and Hospitality
By: Attivo Networks
WHO: Tony Cole, Chief Technology Officer, Attivo Networks
WHAT: Deceptively Simple Threat Detection
There are fundamentally two ways to stop an attacker. One is to pursue them and the other is to ambush them. Pursuing an attacker takes advanced training; it is complex and requires an extreme level of precision to detect attacks across all attack surfaces. Alternatively, the use of modern cyber deception has proven itself to be early and accurate in the detection of threats. Globally, retail and hospitality providers are stealthily using virtualized deception fabrics to efficiently plant decoys, bait, lures, and misdirections within their networks to ambush adversaries and trick them into revealing themselves.
In this session, attendees will learn how deception technology is used to gain rapid visibility and alert of in-network attackers. They will also gain insights into the value organizations are gaining by:
- Reducing dwell time by 90% by detecting and denying lateral movement
- Improving privilege access management by derailing unauthorized active directory (AD) queries
- Detecting and diverting credential theft and reuse
- Pinpointing and validation of insider threat activity (employees, suppliers, third parties)
- Securing Cloud Operations and malicious network activities
- Defending legacy devices and point of sale (POS) terminals from attack
- Detecting and hindering ransomware attacks
- Gathering of forensic evidence and adversary intelligence (IoCs/IoAs/TTPs)
- Enhancing EDR and SOAR solutions
WHEN: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 1:00 PM - 1:40 PM EST
WHERE: The three-day 2020 RH-ISAC Cyber Intelligence Summit will be fully virtual.
To register for the event, visit https://summit.rhisac.org/
MEDIA: Tony Cole is available for interviews by request. If you are interested in expert commentary for any upcoming stories, please reach out to Matter Communications at PRAttivo@matternow.com.
Loren Guertin and Kate Duchaney
Matter on behalf of Attivo Networks