Elite Capital International: Stocks pushes market higher, getting back points from earlier declines
Major stocks eke out gains on today's session recovering some of its losses from yesterday's selloff.
Stocks have been fluctuating between gains and losses this pass few days as investors concerns aggravates by the uncertainty of the new stimulus package the Federal Government haven't yet or may not introduce and the sudden increase of global coronavirus cases.
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell reiterated that an additional fiscal support is necessary so to uplift a slowing down economic recovery, which means that the said matter is still being discussed and no way near finalization.
The US Labor Department has also released their weekly jobless claim reports, wherein 870,000 workers have filed unemployment claims, topping up Dow's assumption of 850,000.
Meanwhile, here are the main movements in the Global Stock Market this Thursday;
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose about 52.31 points or 0.20% higher to 26,815.44, as market close at 4 p.m of New York time.
- Nasdaq Composite appreciates about 39.28 points or 0.37% to 10,672.27.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index fell short about 1%.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index slid quite a bit about 1.8%.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note is down by 1 basis point to 0.6651%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond dropped down to 1.4052%.
- Germany's 10-year yield rose a bit for less than one basis point to -0.50%.
- Britain's 10-year yield strengthened about less than one basis point to 0.219%.
- Gold has advanced for the first time this week with 6.15 points increased or 0.33% higher to $1,868.05 an ounce.
- Silver also rose less than 1 point or 2.26% to $23.20 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude advanced for less than 1% to $40.31 per barrel.
- Brent crude is also up with 0.41% gains to $41.94 per barrel.
- US Dollar Currency Index appreciates about 0.02% to 94.27 per dollar.
- The euro ended up higher around 0.1% gain to $1.1673.
- The Japanese yen has no to little change at 105.41 per dollar.
For more updates in finances and stock market visit us at Elite Capital International Limited - https://elitecapitalinternational.com/
Elite Capital International Limited