Significance Of Navratri Traditional Dress And Nine Colors
Devotees from various places come down to offer shringar and new Navratri dress for Mata Rani. It is believed that offering shringar is the greatest gift that one can give to god to please the almighty. While the Goddess is adorned with new Navratri clothes each day, it is also true that there is a particular color for each day and it has some significance too.
Significance of Navratri colors
1. ORANGE: The first day of Navratri starts with the vibrant orange color that signifies energy and happiness. Goddess Shailputri is worshipped on the first day.
2. WHITE: Goddess Brahmacharini is worshipped on the second day. The color is represented as a symbol of peace and purity.
3. RED: Goddess Chandraghanta is adorned with red color that signifies beauty and fearlessness. Women around India also wear this color as a symbol of beauty , especially the newly wedded women.
4. BLUE: Royal blue is the color of the 4th day which is considered good for health and wealth. Goddess kushmanda is worshipped on this day.
5. YELLOW: Yellow is one of the brightest colors which signify happiness and cheerfulness. People usually wear yellow on the fifth day and worship Goddess Skandamata.
6. GREEN: Green is the color of prosperity and growth. Katyayani Mata is worshipped on this day and several married women wear green on this day as a symbol of being married.
7. GREY: It stands for the strength of transformation and Goddess Kaalratri is worshipped on the 7th day of Navratri.
8. PURPLE: The eighth day also celebrated as ashtami is considered to be very auspicious as eight little girls are worshipped on this day. People also worship Goddess Mahagauri on this day and wear purple as a sign of peace and intellect.
9. PEACOCK GREEN: On the last day of Navratri, women are seen wearing peacock green color as a sign of purity.
Women all over India celebrate this festival with great enthusiasm and wear traditional clothes according to the colors specified as a symbol of purity and reverence.