News By Tag
News By Place
Investam-HK: Major Indices ended up higher as coronavirus vaccine progress gained economic optimism
Stock market's higher marked today comes up after investors seen progressing signs towards coronavirus vaccine and a flurry of deal activity like mergers and acquisitions among known companies.
By: Investam HK Limited
Reports said that a potential vaccine for the coronavirus is set to be distributed in the US before this year end, which was according directly from CEO Albert Bourla of Pfizer.
Semiconductor companies also rose on today's market together with Apple and Tesla. Micron, Skyworks Solutions and AMD increased. Nvidia jumps up about 5.8% higher. Tesla surges about 12%, while Apple gained 3% which led Dow's market price higher.
Here are the main movements in the Stock Market this Monday;
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average ended up 327.69 points higher or 1.18% to 27,993.33.
- Nasdaq Composite also increased around 203.11 or 1.87% to 11,056.65, getting back some of its loss this past few days.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note has no to little change at 0.6715%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond also has no visible change at 1.4210%.
- Germany's 10-year yield appreciated less than one basis point to -0.48%.
- Gold is up about 15.22 points higher or less than 1% increased to $1,956.73 an ounce.
- Silver also increased about 0.42 point or 1.54% to $27.15 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude closed down market 0.19% lower to $37.26 per barrel.
- Brent crude loss about less than 1 point or 0.55% to $39.61 per barrel.
- US Dollar Currency Index was a little change at 93.07 per dollar.
- The euro is up around 0.2% to $1.1864, its highest yet in about two weeks.
- The British pound gained a bit with 0.5% increased to $1.2855.
- The Japanese yen has increased around 0.4% to 105.70 per dollar, its highest gain marked in two weeks.
Catch up on the date financial news here and to know more about Investam HK Limited services do visit our website https://investam-
Investam HK Limited