News By Tag
News By Place
Elite Capital International: Nasdaq sets new record high put optimism to a historically tough month
Major indices all ended up higher stepping a steady foot forward for greater days in this historically called rough month for stock market.
Nasdaq Composite and S&P 500 both set fresh new high just before today's session closed. Apple closed 4% higher after group of analysts' flair up its target price in the market.
Gold, Silver and Treasuries also ended up higher today together with crude, but currencies however, did not follow suit and ended lower. Reports shows that U.S. manufacturing activity continues to jump up out of August pandemic lows made treasury yield higher.
Here are the main movements in the Global Stock Market this Tuesday;
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average has gained about 215.74 points or 0.76% to 28,645.79.
- Nasdaq Composite jumps up by 164.21 points or 1.39% higher to 11,939.67, recording another all-time high.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index slid a bit to 0.3%.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index is up by 0.5%.
- The MSCI Emerging Market Index rose about 1.5%.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note gained a few basis points to 0.7081%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond increased a bit to 1.4832%.
- Germany's 10-year yield dropped two basis points to -0.42%.
- Britain's 10-year yield slid about two basis points to 0.29%.
- Gold increased about 4.84 points or 0.25% to $1,971.22 an ounce.
- Silver is also up by 0.10 point or 0.34% to $28.21 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude rose a few points or 0.35% to $42.76 per barrel.
- Brent crude gained a few points to $45.86 per barrel.
- US Dollar Currency Index is down to 92.30 per dollar.
- The euro has dropped about 0.2% to $1.1908.
- The Japanese yen has no to a little change at 105.95 per dollar.
For more updates in finances and stock market visit us at Elite Capital International Limited - https://elitecapitalinternational.com/
Elite Capital International Limited