News By Tag
News By Location
Investam-HK: Stocks ended up mixed as Apple lead Nasdaq hits fresh all-time high as market wraps up
Major indices has ended up market mixed on today's session as most traders recorded this year's August as the best for the past three decades. This set to be the best August for the Dow since 1984 so with S&P 500 since 1986.
By: Investam HK Limited
Apple and Tesla are the main contributors of Nasdaq's performance this Monday market, both shares increased around 3% and 12% respectively.
Gold and silver also did well while treasuries fell short after traders share different sentiments with regards Federal Reserve not raising interest rates due to falling unemployment rate.
Here are the main movements in the Global Stock market;
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell short around 226.32 points or 0.79% to 28,427.55.
- Nasdaq Composite advanced with 79.82 points or 0.68% higher to 11,775.46, hitting fresh new high above 11,600.00 level last week.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index slid a few points to 0.6%.
- Japan's Topix index has increased about 0.8%.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note dipped a bit with 4 basis points lower to around 0.69%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond is also down at 1.46%.
- Italy's 10-year yield increased five basis points to 1.09%.
- Germany's 10-year yield is up by one basis point to -0.40%.
- Gold has advanced well with 2.08 points or 0.11% higher to $1,966.38 an ounce.
- Silver also rose almost 1 point or 2.14% to $28.12 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude depreciated about 0.84% down to $42.61 per barrel.
- Brent crude slid a few points about 1.16% lower to $45.28 per barrel.
- US Dollar Currency Index has no to little change at 92.07 per dollar.
- The euro appreciates about 0.2% to $1.1932.
- The Japanese yen is down about 0.5% to 105.90 per dollar.
Catch up on the date financial news here and to know more about Investam HK Limited services do visit our website https://investam-
Investam HK Limited