Synergy Capital AM: Stocks ended up mixed but S&P 500 kept its pace hitting another fresh new high
Major indices closed down market mixed after concerns about Federal Reserve's reports on a new framework that could keep interest rates lower for a longer period of time gave investors not much of positivity.
By: Synergy Capital Asset Management Limited
Nasdaq fell quite big after tech giants dropped. Amazon is down with 1.2% while Facebook slid 2.3%. Netflix also decreased about 3.9% but Alphabet made a few jump at 1%.
Here are the main movements in the Global Stock Market;
- Nasdaq Composite snaps out of its passive pace and fell short losing around 39.72 points or 0.34% to 11,625.34.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumps up with 160.15 or 0.57% change to 28,492.07, deleting some of its loss from yesterday.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index fell 0.6% to 370.72, the biggest fall in a week.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries has rose about five basis points to 0.741%.
- The yield on 30-year Treasuries increased quite big around nine basis points to 1.50%.
- The yield on two-year Treasuries advances with at least one basis point to 0.16, it highest yet in about two weeks.
- Germany's 10-year yield appreciated one basis point to -0.41%.
- Gold fell again in today's market session just after getting its pace back yesterday. Decreased about 22.78 points or 1.18% to $1,928.98 an ounce.
- Silver also slid around 0.34 point or 1.26% to $27.02 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude fell almost 0.9% to $43.04 per barrel.
- Brent crude dipped around 1.21% $45.09 per barrel.
- US Dollar Currency Index has no to little change to 92.98 per dollar.
- The euro slid for almost 0.1% to $1.1819.
- The Japanese yen is down a bit with 0.6% loss to 106.61 per dollar.
For now you may browse more on Synergy Capital Asset Management Limited https://synergycapitalam.com/
Synergy Capital Asset Management Limited