La Jolla Montessori School Toddler and Primary Programs Start August 31
An English/Spanish Bilingual Montessori School Has Protocols in Place for Fall Enrollment
By: La Jolla Montessori School
"We are enrolling now for Fall classes as we have a large campus to accommodate more children from 18-months old thru Kindergarten at our private school," says Kelly McFarland, M.Ed., Director of La Jolla Montessori School.
Daily Safety Protocols
Under the guidance of the SD County Health Department and the CDC, here are the daily protocols LJMS is implementing:
• An EPA approved, ECA 'fogger' machine using a natural, non-toxic solution that sanitizes classrooms, rugs, and furniture will be used each evening to ensure your child's safety
• Before entering the school, all masked teachers and students will have their temperature taken with a touchless thermometer
• All entering children will be checked for any signs of illness
• Each primary student will be given their own table to study and eat lunch
• Children will wash hands every 45 minutes throughout the school day
• Teachers will disinfect materials and bathrooms after each child's use
• On the playground, the playhouse, and the climber, kids will focus on playing with nature rather than plastic toys.
Some More Changes
Students at LJMS will work outdoors more during good weather periods. Windows will be open and lots of fresh air will run through the facility. Kitchen and mealtime protocols have also changed.
Now, The GOOD NEWS
"As you see, we've designed a great many new protocols with a forefront focus on family safety and good health at our La Jolla Montessori school," McFarland says. "Best of all, all LJMS students will be given daily instruction in our bilingual English/Spanish immersion verbal and spoken word program leading to second language fluency by the end of Kindergarten. Ours is a core learning program as we to build a multi-skilled Workforce 2040," McFarland said. "We will always work towards creating independent students through our loving approach and strong curriculum."