Elite Capital International: S&P 500 and Nasdaq marked another fresh all-time high as market closed
Optimism engulf market session on the opening day of the week due to the positive reports concerning coronavirus treatments and vaccines together with Apple's hitting fresh new all-time high.
Apple's shares just gained another 1.2% in its market price which set its newest record high.
However, Gold, Silver and Treasuries did not follow suit and dipped a bit on today's trading day.
Here are the main movements in the Global Stock Market this Monday;
- The S&P 500 Index climbed 34.21 points or 1.01% to 3,431.41 as of 4:00 p.m. of New York time, marking another intraday all-time high in 6 months.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average appreciated with 378.54 points or 1.36% to 28,308.87, setting fresh record high since February.
- Nasdaq Composite climbed up with 67.92 points or 0.60% increased to 11,379.72, closing as its current highest record.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index jumped 1.6% to 370.85, the highest in more than a week on the biggest surge in almost two weeks.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note has increased just one basis point to 0.6428%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond has no to little change at 1.3470%.
- Britain's 10-year yield increased about one basis point to 0.213%..
- Germany's 10-year yield gained two basis points to -0.49%, marking its first bounce up in more than a week.
- Brent crude advances with 0.78 point or 1.76% to $45.97 per barrel.
- West Texas Intermediate crude jump up around 0.28 point or 0.66% to $42.62 per barrel.
- Gold dipped again for four straight days now and is currently down today by 7.87 points or 0.41% to $1,929.75 an ounce.
- Silver has also depreciated around 0.18 point or 0.67% to $26.59 an ounce.
- US Dollar Currency Index has increased a bit at $93.22.
- The euro has dropped 0.1% to $1.179, the weakest price in a week.
- The Japanese yen depreciated around 0.2% to 105.97 per dollar.
For more updates in finances and stock market visit us at Elite Capital International Limited - https://elitecapitalinternational.com/
Elite Capital International Limited