Champions League final: Key stats of PSG vs Bayern Munich clash
By: Sports Lounge
The first-time finalists PSG will lock horns with five-time winner Bayern Munich late on Sunday night.
The Bavarian giants have won each of their 10 matches in Europe so far while PSG is on the cusp of an unprecedented quadruple, having won the domestic treble for the fourth time in the last six seasons.
Here are some interesting statistics:
• Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain have met 8 times previously, all in the UEFA Champions League group stages; PSG have won 5 of those matches, with Bayern winning the other 3.
• Under Hansi Flick, who took over from Niko Kovac in November, Bayern has won 27 of 28 and are on a 19-game unbeaten run.
• This is PSG's first-ever European Cup/Champions League final, becoming the 41st team to reach the showpiece event.
• PSG and Bayern Munich last clashed in a competitive setting in the 2017/18 Champions League group stage, with both teams winning a game each.
• PSG have shown sensational comebacks against Borussia Dortmund and Atalanta in the first two knockout rounds before swatting away Timo Werner-less RB Leipzig in the semi-finals.
• Bayern Munich has been, by far, the most domineering team in the Champions League this season and also aiming to complete the second treble in seven years, having already clinched the domestic double.
Read the full story: https://bit.ly/