Synergy Capital AM: Stocks ended higher after Tech Giants sends Nasdaq to a new record high
Tech giants have yet again led market higher, bringing Nasdaq Composite to a new record high after today's session.
By: Synergy Capital Asset Management Limited
Facebook shares ended up 2.4% higher, while Microsoft rose 2.3%. Apple also advanced about 2.2% while Amazon closed market session 1% higher.
Yields on the Treasuries however dipped after the Labor Department had announced U.S. weekly jobless claims which totaled about 1.106 million for last week. The sudden surge on the unemployment rate may possibly due to the uncertainty that the US law makers can set a coronavirus stimulus bill.
Here are the main movements in the Global Stock Market this Thursday;
- The S&P 500 ended up higher gaining about 10.68 points or 0.32% to 3,385.53.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average advanced around 46.98 points or 0.17% to 27,739.86.
- Nasdaq Composite outperformed ending 118.49 points higher or 1.06% to 11,264.95.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index fell short about 1.1%.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index dropped by 1.4%.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note dipped about 3 basis points at 0.644%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond depreciated about 4 basis points to 1.376%.
- Germany's 10-year yield slid two basis points to -0.50%.
- Britain's 10-year yield dropped one basis point to 0.225%.
- Gold appreciated around 11.87 points or 0.61% to $1,948.32 an ounce.
- Silver also gained about 0.51 point or 1.88% to $27.33 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude depreciated around 0.67% to $42.82 per barrel.
- Brent crude has slid about 1.04% to $44.90 per barrel.
- US Dollar Currency Index rose a bit at $92.81.
- The Japanese yen advanced around 0.3% to 105.78 per dollar.
- The euro gained 0.2% to $1.1857.
For now you may browse more on Synergy Capital Asset Management Limited https://synergycapitalam.com/
Synergy Capital Asset Management Limited
Page Updated Last on: Aug 21, 2020