News By Tag
News By Location
Investam-HK: Nasdaq Composite marked intraday record high of 1%, Gold is up and Treasuries are down
Treasury yields fell again as concern on the growing coronavirus confirmed cases continues. Reports released over the weekend states that there are 733,000 people were tested for Covid-19 daily just this August.
By: Investam HK Limited
Stocks ended up mixed on today's session with Nasdaq outperformed lead. The Dow quite fell while S&P 500 struggled once again to break its highest peak last February.
Gold future is gaining its pace up again after a deafening three day losses. Crude are also up while currencies ended up mixed.
Here are the main movements in the Global Stock Market;
- The S&P 500 climbed about 9.19 points or 0.3% to 3,382.04, but still failed to reach or top up its February 2020 highest peak.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell short about 86.11 points or 0.31% to 27,844.91.
- The Nasdaq Composite outperformed advancing 110.42 points or about 1% to 11,129.73.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index is up by 0.4%.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index increased shortly with 0.3%.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note fell short lower at 0.676%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond decreased a bit at 1.415%.
- Britain's 10-year yield is down by three basis points to 0.216%.
- Germany's 10-year yield decreased three basis points to -0.45%.
- Gold index advanced 38.57 points or 1.94% to $1,983.16 an ounce, breaking its three days straight loss.
- Silver climbed a bit with 0.87 point or 3.17% increased to $27.35 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude jumps up with 0.88 point or 2.09% to $42.89 per barrel.
- Brent crude increased about 0.57 point or 1.27% to $45.37 per barrel.
- US Dollar Currency Index keeps falling at $92.91.
- The Japanese yen rose about 0.6% to 105.98 per dollar.
- The euro is up by 0.2% to $1.1868.
Catch up on the date financial news here and to know more about Investam HK Limited services do visit our website https://investam-
Investam HK Limited