Kids' Minds Matter hosts back-to-school sessions for on Facebook Live beginning Monday, Aug. 10
Mental Health Mondays series provides timely resource for getting kids prepared to go back to school in the "new normal"
By: Kids' Minds Matter
Upcoming sessions include:
· Aug. 10, 2:30 p.m., Sherry Wenzel, coordinator of Mental Health Services for The School District of Lee County, and Caroline Brennan, supervisor of Mental Health Supports and Social Emotional Learning for Collier County Public Schools; "Back to School: Navigating Social-Emotional Learning"
· Aug. 17, 5 p.m., Deborah Comella, executive director of Lee County Coalition for a Drug-Free Southwest Florida and Jonathan Engh, senior vice president, team leader of Commercial Banking at Busey Bank and chair of the board for Lee County Coalition for a Drug-Free Southwest Florida; "Prevention in Today's World: Just Say No to the Old Paradigm"
· Aug. 24, 9:30 a.m., Julie Noble, child advocate for Golisano Children's Hospital; "Tips for Helping Kids Stay Safe at Home During Virtual Learning"
· Aug. 31, 4 p.m., Kari Davis, holistic life coach, essential oil educator and founder of The Well Team; "Using Aromatherapy for Upleveling Kids' Mental Health"
· Sept. 7, 12:30 p.m. Peggy Jugmahansingh, Joseph R. Craig, Jeannine Sparkes, mental health navigators, and Richard Keelan, child advocacy supervisor for Golisano Children's Hospital; "How Mental Health Navigators are Making a Difference in SWFL Schools"
"Everything for children and families has been turned upside down in recent months," said Dr. Paul Simeone, vice president and medical director of behavioral health at Lee Health. "Children and the community have been impacted by changes to continue education during the pandemic, and Kids' Minds Matter is dedicated to providing resources to help parents and children navigate these changes successfully."
The Mental Health Mondays series is streamed live every Monday from the Kids' Minds Matter Facebook channel (http://www.facebook.com/