Fasten your seat belts as Africa Mining Forum takes off (literally)!
By: Africa Mining Forum
"COVID-19 has certainly affected everyone's travel and business plans for this year and even for 2021," says Elodie Delagneau, event manager for Africa Mining Forum. "However, we still have an insatiable travel bug when it comes to the hottest and emerging mining destinations in East, West, Central and Southern Africa. And so do our clients and partners!"
She explains: "Hence, we are embarking on a new journey, an Africa Mining Tour, and we promise we won't just be tourists, but true travellers, diving deep into business destinations, commodity markets and project finance! Our tour is taking off and will be providing a full itinerary of first class content, engagement and, best of all, interaction between potential passengers for 365 days a year."
"Although we have had to postpone our live event in Kigali until November 2021," Elodie continues, "we will host a five-day digital event from 16-20 November this year. But there is no time for any lay-overs, as we already have four exciting expert excursions lined up in the form of webinars in the run-up to the event, hosted in collaboration with our media partner, Mining Review Africa."
- 6 August 2020: The hottest mining destinations in East Africa. Register here (https://register.gotowebinar.com/
- Rocky Smith, CEO | Peak Resources Limited
- Brian Menell, Chairman and CEO | TechMet Ltd
- Andrew Smith, President and CEO | East Africa Metals Inc
- Marcus Courage, CEO | Africa Practice Ltd
- 23 September 2020: What's hot and happening in West Africa?
- 20 October 2020: Your guide to invest in Southern African mining post COVID-19
- 3 November 2020: Investing in Central Africa's gem: Unpacking regulation changes to open up Angola's diamond sector
Africa Mining Forum already has an impressive list of mining pioneers who have checked in as official AMF ambassadors and will be travelling the distance:
• William Witham, CEO of AAMEG, the Australia-Africa Minerals & Energy Group.
• Dr Tony Harwood, CEO of Montero Mining
• Eric Bruggeman, Director and CEO of SACEEC, The South African Capital Equipment Council
• Aleksandra Cholewa, Director of Investment and Development at Luma Holdings LTD; LuNa Smelter, Rwanda
Africa Mining Forum