News By Tag
News By Place
Reliance Trading Co. Limited: Dow lead stocks higher, Treasuries dipped while Gold hits record high
Major stocks ended the day propitiously high after investors are still focus on fresh signs of corporate earnings report and government's stimulus package with the hope that it will relieve them from the coronavirus pandemic stress.
By: Reliance Trading Co. Limited
The Dow has impressively pulled today's session higher with Apple as the main contributor after bagging almost 0.7% gained. Netflix also advanced 2.21% setting Nasdaq higher just before the day ends.
Under commodities, Gold outperformed its previous price hitting another record high, marking its first above 2000 price this year.
Here are the main movements in the Global Market this Tuesday;
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumps big time with 164.07 points or 0.62% to 26,828.47.
- Nasdaq Composite has 38.37 points, change or 0.35% increased to 10,941.17. Another record high for the August.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index increased 2%.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index fell 0.1%.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note dipped 2 basis points to 0.539%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond also fell to 1.211%.
- Germany's 10-year yield dipped three basis points to -0.55%.
- Britain's 10-year yield fell two basis points to 0.074%.
- Gold hits intraday record high with 49.76 points change, or 2.46% to $2,022.66 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude rose a bit with 0.69 point or 1.68% to $41.70 per barrel.
- Brent crude has gained 0.28 point, or 0.63% to $44.43 per barrel.
- U.S. Dollar Currency Index has little to no change at $93.46 per share.
- The Japanese yen gained 0.3% to 105.67 per dollar.
- The euro is up with 0.3% change to $1.1801.
For more news about stock market and to know more about our services do visit our website Reliance Trading Co. Limited - https://www.reliancetradingco.com/
Reliance Trading Co. Limited