Elite Capital International: Nasdaq hits another record high leading all major indices up
Just as the world struggle on the rise of confirmed coronavirus cases, most stocks had closed Monday's session all high with the investors holding firmly on the positivity of another set of corporate earnings reports.
Apple Inc. has set another record high of 435.25 which contributed on Nasdaq leading tech sector rally after hitting another all-time high of 10,900+ today.
The Dow also surge after Microsoft made a new record high of 5.62% to 217. The jumped had come shortly after MSFT confirmed reports that they are planning to buy Chinese social video app 'Tiktok,' which was raised because U.S. President Donald Trump threatened to ban the app in the country.
Here are the main movements on the Global Market;
- The Nasdaq Composite advanced +157.52 points or 1.47% to 10,902.80, recording a new all-time high on the first week of the year's 3rd quarter.
- The S&P 500 gained 23.49 points or 0.72% to 3,294.61 just as the market close this Monday afternoon.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average raised 236.33 points or 0.89% change to 26,664.40.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index rose 0.4%.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index gained 2.1%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond was up 5 basis points at 1.251%.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note closed higher by 2 basis points at 0.562%, deleting some of its loss from last week's session.
- The yields on the 2-year, 3-year and 5-years bonds are also up quite a bit on today's bout.
- Germany's 10-year yield was little changed at -0.525%.
- Britain's 10-year yield fell one basis point to 0.10%.
- Gold is shortly down with -$1.10 change or -0.06% to $1,972.89 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude is up by 0.74 points or 1.84% to $41.01 per barrel.
- Brent crude gained 0.63 points or 1.45% to $44.15 per barrel.
For more updates in finances and stock market visit us at Elite Capital International Limited - https://elitecapitalinternational.com/
Elite Capital International Limited