Investam-HK: Nasdaq Composite jumps another record high but dipped down negative as market closed
Market has tumbled worldwide after fear on the coronavirus monger among investors. Crude oils follow suit and fell rapidly as stocks in the warehouses are piling up again.
By: Investam HK Limited
Most stocks have been rallying up just as the trading day begun, however the positivity didn't took too long and as the market closed each one of them dipped.
Business are in another wave of danger as pandemic grows more in number and may possibly get worse not until a vaccine and medicine are discovered. California for example has decided to close indoor spaces, such as bars, restaurants and movie theaters yet again which is making investors question whether or not the government's move to the new normal is working.
Here are the main movements in the Stock Market today;
- The S&P500 started 1.6% positive in the start of the trading day this Monday but sank down to 0.9% just before the market close.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average also started high by 563 points but loss some of the gains down to 11 points up only as the day ended.
- The Nasdaq Composite Index dipped 2.1% to 10,390.84, its biggest loss in more than two weeks.
- The yield on two-year Treasuries was unchanged at 0.15%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond gained 3 basis points at 1.3605%.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note edged up 2 basis points to 0.6562%.
- Germany's 10-year yield gained five basis points to -0.42%, the highest in more than a week on the biggest advance in more than a week.
- West Texas Intermediate crude is down a few points at 2.1% to $39.69 a barrel.
- Brent Crude loss a bit down with 1.20% to $42.72 per barrel.
- Gold quite increased up with 0.2% to $1,803.18 an ounce.
- U.S. Dollar Currency Index is up with 0.02% to $96.30 per share.
- The euro increased 0.4% to $1.1349, the strongest in more than a month.
- The Japanese yen weakened 0.3% to 107.24 per dollar, the largest drop in almost two weeks.
Catch up on the date financial news here and to know more about Investam HK Limited services do visit our website https://investam-
Investam HK Limited